PARIS, TN – The COVID-19 crisis we find ourselves in is unlike any medical crisis in most of our lifetimes. It has changed our lives in 2020. We have all made sacrifices. Some have and continue to face a personal battle against this very contagious virus. Too many have lost their lives to it.
In war, there are those people who willingly and without hesitation step up to the front lines to stop and defeat the threat. And, in Paris and Henry County, we are blessed to have our own brave and dedicated healthcare providers standing at the front against this virus and helping those who suffer from it.
The staff and providers at Henry County Medical Center are here to care for all our patients during a very scary, trying time and they are doing it with care and compassion. Due to distancing requirements for COVID-19, HCMC is pleased to announce a virtual way for you and others in our community to share words of encouragement and gratitude to our healthcare providers
Please help us recognize the extraordinary #HealthcareHeroes and all they are doing for our community by using our hashtag #HCMCLove. We want to thank all our healthcare professionals who are fighting COVID-19 and taking care of all of us and our families with special messages from you.
Positive and encouraging stories of compassion, understanding, and overcoming obstacles can be submitted in a variety of formats. These include personal narratives, video and images. Or, you can just send your words of encouragement and thank yous for all our healthcare providers are doing.
To submit your story, visit our Henry County Medical Center Facebook page and send us a private message. Upon submission of your message, you agree to our disclaimer about submission. Make sure your private message starts with #HCMCLove. Continue to follow us on Facebook and check back often to see new stories.
We do not know how long this crisis will last, but we do know the community is eager to support our organization in any way they can. There are multiple ways you can continue to help and support HCMC at this time including the following:
- Donating to the Paris and Henry County Healthcare Foundation, Inc. to continue to promote a mission of healing in Henry County and the region. You can designate your donation or have it go to general needs. To donate or to learn more, please check out our website: https://hcmc.vewebsites.com/about-hcmc/henry-county-healthcare-foundation/donate/
- Donating Personal Protective Equipment. Learn more about doing so at https://hcmc.vewebsites.com/coronavirus-covid-19-information/#donations
- Donating to Feeding Our Frontline at HCMC established by the Paris and Henry County Chamber of Commerce and Henry County Civic Clubs to fill the need for evening meals for staff working the frontlines with changes to our cafeteria hours. Learn more here: https://www.paristnchamber.com/feeding-our-frontline-at-hcmc/
- Or, contact us on the HCMC Findline at 731-644-3463 to see if there are activities that you would like to do that would fit the needs of the organization.
Also, you can help by spreading the word on social media by following our posts, sharing our posts, directing people to our website, and making sure you are helping get the word out about our needs. Be sure to follow Henry County Medical Center on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Twitter for COVID-19 updates.
Additionally, the Tennessee Hospital Association has added a way to spread messages of hope to hospitals and healthcare professionals on their website as well. You can access this through their website at https://tha.com/focus-areas/covid-19/share-a-message-of-encouragement/. Also, you can submit your healthcare heroes locally on radiontwn.com/hero/#/gallery to show our medical community that we support them during this difficult time.
HCMC continues to update daily our chart on our website that provides information on testing, hospitalizations, and deaths within our organization. It can be found at hcmc.vewebsites.com. We are additionally posting on our social media platforms a daily update that provides information about COVID-19 at HCMC, TN, KY, the counties our organization serves, as well as statistics from the Henry County Health Department. Both will be updated and available by 6 p.m. daily.
HCMC Administration continues to follow the CDC guidelines as well as the TN Department of Health guidelines to ensure the safety of our patients, families, partners, and community.
How you can help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses such as Coronavirus:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard in a trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
HCMC is making every effort to educate and inform the public on ways to remain healthy through our website and our social media outlets, including specifically rigorous and frequent hand washing. Please check back often for updates including a section dedicated to COVID-19. For additional information, watch a video from our Community Pop Up event on coronavirus here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-iA5IPc4G8&t=3s
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Additionally, HCMC owns and operates 7 provider clinics in various specialties. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: hcmc.vewebsites.com.