PARIS, TN – Many preparations have been made at Henry County Medical Center to get ready for the flu season. The most recent example comes from our Women’s Center and Critical Care Unit, with patients who are especially susceptible to the flu.
HCMC announced a need for friends and family to limit their visitation of patients due to the increased number of cases of flu in the community. Today, HCMC is asking that family and friends, especially those under 14 years of age, do not visit the HCMC Women’s Center and Critical Care Units.
Pregnant women are also being encouraged to not come to the emergency room unless truly emergent.
Additionally, hand sanitation stations have been set up throughout the facility with sanitizer gel and masks. We encourage all visitors who meet the criteria below to follow the visitation guidelines:
- Immediate family only will be allowed on the units.
- No one that has been sick or exposed to the flu will be allowed on the units.
- No one, immediate family included, who is experiencing, or has been around anyone with these signs and symptoms will be allowed on the units:
- Fever Cough Sore Throat
- Body Aches Headaches Chills
- Fatigue Diarrhea Vomiting
- No one under 14 years old will be permitted on the units unless the child is a brother or sister of your new baby AND the child has not been sick, not experiencing any of the signs & symptoms listed above and has not been exposed.
“We appreciate the community following these guidelines for the safety of our patients as well as our visitors,” said Jacki O’Brien, Director of Infection Control at HCMC. “With the continued increase in prevalence of flu and stomach bug, we want to make sure that our patients get well, and taking out risk is the most important thing for our patients.”
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: https://hcmc.vewebsites.com.