PARIS, TN – Henry County Healthcare Center and Plumley Rehab Center continues to navigate the daily changes related to COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure the safety of its residents, patients, and families.
Governor Bill Lee released guidance last week on requirements permitting long-term care facilities to provide limited visitation options beginning later this month. Facilities have to meet many criteria prior to allowing limited restrictions on visitation.
Henry County Healthcare Center and Plumley Rehab is currently testing weekly as required by law. Information related to any positive cases will be published on our website and on our social media platforms weekly. This information is located here: https://hcmc.vewebsites.com/coronavirus-covid-19-information/henry-county-healthcare-center-and-plumley-rehab/
If HCHC has no positive results within the next two weeks, they hope to be able to provide limited visitation options as Governor Lee has mandated.
The options are strict and include the following:
- Making appointments prior to visiting and limiting the duration of visits.
- Limiting the number of visitors per resident and the number of daily visitors per facility.
- Screening all visitors with symptoms and temperature checks immediately upon facility entry.
- Enforcing visitor social distancing (visitor will still be six feet from the resident) and wear a mask.
- Visitation must take place in an outdoor setting if weather permits, behind a protective barrier or in a resident’s room with only one resident present and only IF the visitor has documentation of a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours prior to the visit.
“These are very restrictive visitation requirements with no person contact,” said Sandra Ray, Administrator at HCHC. “We will be working on some type of visitation plexiglass booth or barrier for visitation purposes. As soon as we are able to begin scheduling visitation visits, we will provide the information to our residents’ families and on our website and social media platforms.”
Currently, HCHC has one asymptomatic positive COVID-19 resident in the facility and one asymptomatic staff with over 170 people being tested each week.
As things continue to change, HCMC and HCHC will keep patients informed through our website, hcmc.vewebsites.com and on our social media platforms.
HCMC continues to update daily our chart on our website that provides information on testing, hospitalizations, and deaths within our organization. It can be found at hcmc.vewebsites.com. We are additionally posting on our social media platforms a daily update that provides information about COVID-19 at HCMC, TN, KY, the counties our organization serves, as well as statistics from the Henry County Health Department. Both will be updated and available by 6 p.m. daily.
HCMC Administration as well as HCHC Administration continues to follow the CDC guidelines as well as the TN Department of Health guidelines to ensure the safety of our patients, families, partners, and community.
How you can help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses such as Coronavirus:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard in a trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Located in Paris, TN, Henry County Medical Center is a progressive, integrated healthcare organization committed to serving the healthcare needs of Henry County and the adjoining region. Including a 142-bed hospital and other facilities, the medical center provides a variety of outpatient services, as well as inpatient care. Additionally, HCMC owns and operates 7 provider clinics in various specialties. Henry County Medical Center is a county-owned and operated nonprofit institution. For more information: hcmc.vewebsites.com.